Sailing on the MS Camargue
Wednesday 2nd - Wednesday 9th October 2019
We complete our pick-ups this morning and make our way to Dover for the short sea crossing to Calais. From Calais we travel to Laon, here we have our overnight stay at The Ibis Hotel.
We make our way through France to our embarkation point at Lyon. Our ship for the 5-night cruise is the MS Camargue. A trip to admire the beautiful scenery of Provencal Rhone. Once on board we spend the afternoon cruising. We will be introduced to the crew and can enjoy a welcome cocktail. Dinner will be followed by an evening of entertainment.
This morning will be spent cruising and in the afternoon we have optional excursions.
1. Discover the Baux de Provence, set in the Alpilles country park. This picturesque, medieval village is said to be the most beautiful in France.
2. Hike into the Alpilles Mountains, which is a range of low, limestone mountains to the village of Baux de Provence
This evening we have an optional guided tour of Arles, a cultural town with vestiges of the Roman Empire.
Saturday - Arles - Port Saint Louis - Martigues
Optional excursions today; The Camargue. The Camargue is the area between the Mediterranean Sea and the two arms of the Rhone delta. Famous for its flamingos and white horses.
1. Discover the Camargue, visiting a ‘manade’, a horse breeding farm and learn how a manadier works with animals.
2. Safari in jeeps through the Camargue for an original immersion in the wilderness.
This afternoon will be spent cruising to Martigues. We have some free time in the city before we set off for Avignon.
Sunday - Avignon - Viviers. The Ardeche Gorges
Optional excursions today;
1. Guided tour of Avignon, seat of the Catholic popes, and the Papal Palace
2. Hike along the Pont Du Gard and visit the museum.
In the afternoon we have an optional excursion, Tour of the Ardeche Gorges. The Ardeche Gorges run 40km from Pont d’Arc and is one of the most stunning, scenic highlights of France. We then cruise to Viviers.
Monday - Viviers- Tain L’Heritage. The Vercors Plateau
Our morning will be spent cruising. Tain L Hermitage is famous for wine and gourmet chocolate. Our optional excursion today will be to discover the Vercors and taste the famous Clairette de Die. The Vercors plateau was used as a refuge by the French resistance. Tonight, is our gala dinner. We cruise to Lyon.
Enjoy one last breakfast on board before disembarking at 9am. We then travel to Laon for our overnight stay, once again at The Ibis Hotel.
This morning we make our way to Calais for our return ferry crossing and onward homeward journey arriving during the evening.
Included In The Price
• Luxury Coach Travel
• Return Ferry Crossing
• 2 Nights Half Board
• 5 Nights Full Board (MS Camargue)
• Porterage (MS Camargue)
• Unlimited Drinks (12.00-23.59hrs)
• Onboard Evening Entertainment
£1337.00 per person (Twin Cabin)
£1782.00 per person (Single Cabin)
£137.50 Upper Deck Supplement
£275.00 Suite Supplement
Please Note: Due to access to ships it is not always possible to get the coach immediately close to the ship. Therefore, a reasonable degree of mobility is required to get from the road along the quay and to use gangways.
Please Note: Normal cancellation charges do not apply to cruise travel. Please ask for more details.